Monday, August 28, 2006

Corrections

Brian
The last couple weeks were not good for accuracy in reporting here at the Good Reverend. Not only did the world fail to end on Tuesday, but also the solar system went from rumored expansion to contraction, losing Pluto as a planet. Pluto, along with Ceres and Xena, is now a dwarf planet, which, as Language Log's Benjamin Zimmer points out, is only a planet in the sense that Welsh rabbit is a rabbit and Rocky Mountain oysters are oysters. My very educated mother just served us nonplanets.

We apologize for any planning for the end times by purchasing real estate on Charon the erroneous reporting might have caused.

Indexed by tags news, correction, science, politics, Iran, August 22, Pluto, dwarf planet.

1 Comments:

Blogger The GraveDigger said...

I'll take a small payment to my paypal account please. What am I going to do with all that property I bought?

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home