Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Philadelphia the Next Williamsburg?

Brian
It was only a few months ago that the New York Times was calling Philadelphia New York's "sixth borough," but now CNNMoney has this to say:
"Philadelphia is the new Williamsburg" has become the hot, hip saying around artistic circles.
Link. Philebrity picks apart this observation and does the hip thing by railing on hipsters. I have little to add, other than to ask what the basis for comparison is. I mean, I know we have founding father impersonators in Old City, but we're not that much like a colonial settlement.



Indexed by tags , , , .
Image credits: Fife & drum corps 01 by John Gevers, acquired through Creative Commons license.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Seth said...

The article is comparing the Williamsburg section of New York City to Philadelphia. Not the Williamsburg of Virginia. The article should have made that a little less ambiguous! I was confused too at first.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Rev was joking about colonial Williamsburg. I can see being confused by the article though.

--rick

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home