Monday, October 03, 2005

Two Can Play at This Game

Brian
The major catastrophes of the early 21st Century--9/11, the Indian Ocean Tsunami, and now Hurricane Katrina--have made us all a little more conscientious in regards to charitable giving, and no group has been more visible in its support than celebrities. Brian "Lyin' in Bed Just Like I Did" Wilson came up with a great and novel idea a couple weeks ago--incentivise people to give by not only matching their donations, but also personally calling to thank them. From Sept. 22-Oct. 1, whenever someone donated $100 or more to B. Wil's specially set-up Paypal account, they'd receive a personal phonecall from the greatest non-themepark-inhabiting recluse in pop.

Well, this may come as a newsflash to some of you, but I lack the imagination, creativity, and resources of the genius behind Pet Sounds. However, I still want to do something nice. So, I'm going to rip off Brian Wilson. I've set up a Paypal account, and from now through the end of 2005, whenever you donate $20 to it, I'll whisk the money straight to Habitat for Humanity. I can't afford to match your donations, but I will pick up the Paypal fees myself, and you will receive a call from TheGoodReverend. You can talk to me, ask me a question, yell at me--whatever you want.

Just send $20 or more to thegoodreverendblog at hotmail dot com, and be sure to include the following information in the note: your name, your phone number, your email address, and some times when you'd like to be called. The more flexible you are, the more likely I'll be able to get ahold of you. If I can't reach you, I'll send you an email. I'm dead serious, I promise. If only 10,501 of you do this, we'll beat Brian Wilson.

Indexed by tags , , , , , .

1 Comments:

Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home