Thursday, July 07, 2005

Eve 6 Could Not Be Reached for Comment

Brian

Close your eyes and picture this. Okay, wait, if you close your eyes you can't read, so open your eyes again. Picture this: you, a lowly zygote, grow into an embryo in a lab because your parents have difficulty conceiving the old fashioned way. But you are not selected for implantation like the two other embryos and so are presumably destroyed. However, you are not destroyed. The doctor in charge of your lab is a crackpot who saves old embryos in a freeze to implant in future women. You're not implanted, so you sit, frozen, for 13 years. Then you're finally thawed out and implanted in your original mother, who, months later, gives birth to you, 13 years younger than your triplets.

In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Debbie said: "I put my hand over my lower abdomen and said, 'Welcome Home'. They had been in a cold place for so long. Now it was over. Whether God took them to heaven or they became babies, it was OK."

One of the embryos did become a healthy baby - Lania - even though she was born five weeks early.

Debbie said: "I still look at her and can't believe it. I smell her and kiss her and I still can't believe she is here."


Link. I just hope that in the next few years Lania doesn't transform into a zombie dog.

Indexed by tags , , , , .