Monday, April 25, 2005

My my my my my bologna

Brian
A man was arrested for smuggling goods from Mexico to New Mexico. The goods? You guessed it. Black market bologna, bound for an Albuquerque swap meet:
Customs agents protecting the U.S. border with Mexico found and destroyed more than 800 pounds of bologna hidden under clothes in a man's suitcases, the Department of Homeland Security said Monday.

. . .

It was unclear what happened to the suspect, who[m] officials did not identify.

He stood to make a hefty profit, the (Department of Homeland Security) statement said. "The processed bologna rolls, which cost about $7 or $8 in Mexico, can bring three or four times that price in the United States," the statement read.

Link (via Boing Boing). I can tell you one thing: won't be buying any bologna at a swap meet in Albuquerque in the near future. No sir.

Indexed by tags , , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home