Sunday, April 24, 2005

Keeping up with the Bloggers

Brian
Many other blogs have been checking out their readability statistics recently. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and figure out what kind of writer I am . . . and what kind of reader you are.

We are quite simple, you and I. We're basically middle schoolers.


Readability Results for http://thegoodreverend.blogspot.com

SummaryValue
Total sentences368
Total words3,962
Average words per Sentence10.77
Words with 1 Syllable2,617
Words with 2 Syllables846
Words with 3 Syllables370
Words with 4 or more Syllables129
Percentage of word with three or more syllables12.59%
Average Syllables per Word1.50
Gunning Fog Index9.34
Flesch Reading Ease69.18
Flesch-Kincaid Grade6.29


It's those last few numbers we should be worried about. According to one index, you are reading and I am writing at a ninth grade level. According to another, that's really the sixth grade.

At any rate, we're a little more sophisticated than Reader's Digest, but less than Time Magazine. Which reminds me:

There. I'm officially the last blog in America to post that image. Am I serious or just having fun?

Indexed by tags , .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Daryl Chapel said...

Thanks!! I think Ill return in the near future

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home