Thursday, April 21, 2005

I support your vagina

Brian
A couple high school students in Minnesota are under attack by their administration for wearing "I [Heart] My Vagina" buttons they got at The Vagina Monologues.

School leaders said that the pin is inappropriate and that the discomfort it causes trumps the girls' right to free speech. The girls disagree. And despite repeated threats of suspension and expulsion, Rethlefsen has continued to wear her button.

The girls have won support from other students and community members.

More than 100 students have ordered T-shirts bearing "I [heart] My Vagina" for girls and "I Support Your Vagina" for boys.


Link. Course it's all fun and games for the oppressive fascist school administrators until the ACLU rides in.

Indexed by tags , , , .

2 Comments:

Blogger Austin said...

I'm afraid you're only seeing what you want to see. You see "oppressive school administrators" where I see "moderation". Are these high school girls really wearing these shirts to exercise free speech? Note, the question is not "Can the girls pretend that this is their reason?" Are they REALLY just wanting to exercise free speech, or are they garnering attention from horny high teenage boys?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Miqdad said...

My review Catatanku Noticia Orient Inspiration Automotive Audio Video Business Computer Entertainment My Note Duniasoer mem 73

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home