Thursday, April 07, 2005

Cheddar paves the streets

Brian
When I first saw this Burger King commercial, I was all eh. But the more I think about it, the more its awesomeness flows right up to my knees. Only in a post O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack/Old Navy/Hootie & The Blowfish world would the idea of Darius Rucker singing a send up of Big Rock Candy Mountain surrounded by highly stylized, colorful people work, but thank God it does.

Bonuses:
  • the commercial has subservient chicken.
  • "there's tumbleweeds of bacon, and cheddar paves the streets" goes on my list of all time greatest song lyrics, commercial jingle division.
  • "Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch" is both a sandwich with ranch dressing and an actual ranch, get it?

Indexed by tags
, , , , , , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home