Saturday, April 16, 2005

Bears do it, apes do it, even high schools when in scrapes do it

Brian
There's been a plethora of opportunities available lately for the highest bidder to slap an official name on things. First GoldenPalace.com, proud owner of the Madonna sandwich, purchased the naming rights of this new world monkey (get your t-shirts here). Now the San Francisco zoo is selling the naming rights to its pair of bears. Hell, last year a West Philly high school sold its naming rights.

This got me thinking. How many things are there out there willing to bear your moniker so long as it comes with some cash? A quick eBay search revealed this bird, this cat shelter, and even this Chicago Cubs documentary (if you've got $80,000).

This got me thinking some more. If these folks can do it, why can't I?

As of this moment, I'm putting the naming rights to my apartment up for auction.

You read correctly. My apartment. The whole thing. Six hundred and fifty square feet of Your Name Here. Whenever I talk about it on this blog, it could have your name on it. Whenever I mention it in conversation, it could be your nonsense word I'm mentioning. Whenever I give people directions, they'll be hearing your business's name.

If you're interested, check out the auction at eBay's "Naming Rights for My Apartment" listing. It'll be there for the next seven days. Got to strike while the iron is hot!

Indexed by tags , , , , , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home