Monday, March 07, 2005

Rugrats

Brian
Mrs. Good Reverend and I spent the weekend watching over my cousin's little girls while their folks are in Europe. They're five- and seven-years-old. Playing with them, watching them smile, I realized one thing:

I don't want to have kids. At least for a while. A good while.

I mean they are fun. Don't get me wrong. Cute, funny, and small enough to take wherever you need to go. But there are a few annoyances you don't think about when you think of kids:

(1) If you do something fun for them, like pick them up and spin them around, or play a game with them, they will constantly ask you to do it again, over and over, until you regret the day you ever thought of such a diversion.

(2) They grow to be big enough to hurt you long before they figure out how to not hurt you, or even that hurting you isn't a good idea.

(3) They're sneaky. They lie, cheat, steal, and commit arson for one more piece of licorice when you told them two was the limit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, but they say funny things like, "You're not too fat, yourself!" and "It's the pain that hurts me." And they tell me I'm pretty. :)

-Mrs. Good Reverend

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home