Sunday, February 27, 2005

You're in my heart

Brian
Apparently some people experience mysterious changes of taste and interest after heart transplants, including a woman from my hometown:
For most of her life, the young woman hated sports.
And though she was born and raised in Tucson, she never liked Mexican food. She craved Italian and was a pasta junkie.
But three years ago, all that changed for Jaime Sherman, 28, when she underwent a heart transplant at University Medical Center, after battling a heart defect since birth.
"Now I love football, baseball, basketball. You name it, I follow it," said Sherman, a psychology student at Arizona State University. "And Mexican food is by far my favorite."

Link. I think the surgeon dropped some tacos in there during the procedure. And, uh, a basketball. And a junior mint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home