Sunday, February 13, 2005

My type, indicated

Brian
So I took this Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test on the web. Turns out I'm ENFJ, which stands for Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (compare with Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving). I guess ENFJ is a good one to be. Makes me sort of a teacher-politician. I could see that. Other ENFJs are Abraham Lincoln, Oprah Winfrey, John Cusack, and Ronald Reagan. You could do a lot worse than being the same type as Abraham Lincoln. Although I heard that Oprah was something else entirely when she actually took it, so who knows about these things.

Lincoln is certainly a great type to be modeled after. There's a bust of him on the stairs where I go to school, and every time I pass it I feel inspired. He's an interesting character.

I got the idea to take the test after I watched the Peanuts' Valentine's Special last night on TV. Charlie Brown keeps pining for "that little red-haired girl." I remembered hearing that Charlie Brown was INFP, which is supposedly the rarest of the 16 types. This table implies that Winnie the Pooh is the same.

It made me wonder what type is Hitler. The closest answer I found was this, which implies that he could be ENTJ, INFJ, or ENFJ. No one wants to be the same type as Hitler, so I hope he's not ENFJ. I also hope he's not INFJ, because I'm close to the Extravert-Introvert middle. Then there's this Wikipedia debate on the Hitler MBTI issue, incorporated into a debate over the mertis and legitimacy of the test in general, with one particularly salient quote;
[N]obody ever tells you what category of MBTI Hitler fell into - only positive category models are used . . ..

Well for now I guess I'm going to have to settle with Lincoln. What about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger The GraveDigger said...

I'm ESFJ. We're practically twins, although the only thing I am significantly more one way than the other is extroverted.

The Peet and Gyangster are INTP. Go figure.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home