Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My beautiful children

Brian


It kind of bothers me that so many children are named after virtues. Faith, Hope, Charity, Chasity, etc. I don't have anything against them as people. Many of these folks are quite nice. And even their names in and of themselves are nice, to a degree. It's just the overwhelming trendiness of it all that bothers me.

They say that parents are more likely to give their baby girls trendy names and their baby boys traditional names. There's a lot of turnover on the annual list of top girls' names, but "Matthew" and "David" and "John" are always at the top of the boys' list. Sucks for the girls. Well, in a way, sucks for the boys too. Sucks all around that it has to be along gender lines like that.

Anyway, to buck the trend, I'm going to have seven children. Why seven, you ask? So that I can name them not after virtues but after the seven deadly sins. Hence, my children, male and female, shall have the names:
Gluttony
Pride
Wrath
Lust
Envy
Avarice
and Sloth.


Sloth is my favorite. He reminds me of the Goonies.

1 Comments:

Blogger The GraveDigger said...

Is Lust a girl? Because Lust sounds really hot.

I hope it's not a guy. He might be kind of skeevy or drooly.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home